RESIDENCY APPLICATION FALL 2017 - *APPLICATION CLOSED FALL 2017*
6 Week Residency, shared with Denniston Hill for a Gifted Artist
Application Opens: 8 December 2016
Application Closes: 31 January 2017
Residency Duration: September - October 2017 (exact dates to be announced)
AFRICA'SOUT!, deeply committed to socially engaged art and artists, seeks an artist who can demonstrate a commitment to their practice.
The artist is GRANTED a studio space, living space and food stipend. Artists have 24-hour-access to the studio and are expected to work consistently in the studio (aiming for a minimum of thirty hours per week) and participate in at least two open studios and in AO! programming events. At the end of the residency, the artist will present their work to a selected group of artists, curators, gallerists and museum professionals.
We believe in equality for all regardless of race, color, economic status, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Financial & visa status are not considerations in the admissions process and should not deter artists from applying for admission. You must be at least 25 years of age.
In accepting the AO! Artist Residency Award, you agree to stay the full 6 week term of the session. (One month at Upstate Residency and two weeks in NYC). Exceptions are made in cases of emergency only. Absences from the program to fulfill other professional commitments will need to be authorized or participation is forfeited.
Applicants must apply to AO! by completing this online application and submitting the following:
To submit these materials, please include a link to a Dropbox folder where the following materials are stored and can be securely downloaded. *Please be sure to name the files accordingly, see below for appropriate AO! naming conventions.
- Max 8-12 image files of different works in JPG format. (minimum 1500px. at 300 dpi. File Name: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle
- *OPTIONAL* If applicable you may also submit video IN ADDITION to image file. Max 3 clips of video/audio totaling no more than 2 minutes duration for each. Video files in MOV format only. File Name: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle *OPTIONAL*
- A list with full caption information for each image/media file submitted. Please include, title, year, media and dimensions. File Name: LastName_FirstName_Captions
- Artist CV in PDF format (Max 2 pages). File Name: LastName_FirstName_CV
- Artist Bio in PDF format (Max 2 pages). File Name: LastName_FirstName_Bio
- Artist Statement in PDF format (Max 500 words). File Name: LastName_FirstName_Statement
APPLICANT WILL BE NOTIFIED IN MARCH 2017 IF THEY HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE RESIDENCY.
AWARD WILL BE PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED IN APRIL 2017.
*Please note: Once you begin the application, it does NOT automatically save. Please do not leave the page once you have begun or information will be lost.*